The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (also known as WIC) provides nutritious foods including low-fat/fat-free milk, whole grains, vegetables and fruits, breastfeeding support or formula to low income pregnant or breastfeeding women, infants and children up to age five.
Joining our WIC Department, the Qualified Nutritionist will conduct needs assessments and provide education and referrals to participants in our program. The Nutritionist will work Monday to Thursday and on Saturdays. This is a hybrid position that requires both onsite and remote work from home.
Compensation: Minimum $25.27 per hour; Maximum $25.27 per hour.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition required.
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Bilingual Spanish and/or French required.
- Good public speaking skills and communication skills are required.
- Passion for health and wellness.
- Educates and counsels high risk/at-risk participants.
- Develops and oversees plans of care.
- Participates in breastfeeding promotion and support.
- Provides referrals to health and social services departments.
- Completes documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Work with WIC team to meet program goals
- Document required information in the NYWIC system.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.