We are seeking Nurse Managers to join our team at El Nuevo San Juan Community Health Center in the Bronx. As a Nurse Manager at UHP, you will partner with an operational department head and our dedicated team of providers to provide excellent patient care and to help to develop our nursing and medical assistant associates for clinical excellence!
About You/Minimum Requirements:
- You have a passion and commitment to working in a community health environment.
- You are a natural leader who brings people together and fosters an environment of collaboration and teamwork.
- You have 5 years of direct experience as a licensed nurse
- You have sound clinical judgment and expertise and help to advance learning and development of other nurses and medical assistants in the team.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- You know your way around a template- and have proven expertise using electronic health records.
Departments within El Nuevo San Juan we are hiring for:
- Adult Medicine
- Center For Health Aging (Geriatrics)
- Assist and support in all human resources functions for nursing and ancillary service including interviewing, selections, and performance management.
- Ensures that staffing levels and coverage are adequate to meet patient care and regulatory requirements;
- Assists with development and implementation of training programs.
- Orders and maintains stock of medications, medical supplies and patient care equipment and/or supplies for assignment department.
- Participates in quality assurance practices and meetings.
- Ensures that nursing practices and procedures are compliant and that nursing and ancillary staff practice within their individual scopes of practice.
- Conducts check-ins and meetings with nurses, medical assistants, and as part of the greater interdisciplinary team.
- Engages in direct nursing duties including but not limited to triage, medication administration, immunizations, maintaining logs, and electronic record keeping.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
Starting Compensation: Minimum $95,000 per year; Maximum $100,000 per year (with previous supervisory experience)
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.