Instructional designer will be part of a large curriculum development team responsible for the design and development of technical training for a maritime manufacturer. Candidate will be required to develop training materials from interviews with subject matter experts (SME) and engineering and technical documentation.
- Apply front-end analyses including task analysis, content analysis and evaluation of learner characteristics to propose the most effective learning solutions and topical flow for each training program and audience.
- Use sound instructional design methods to design and develop learning experiences for self-directed training, eLearning, instructor-led training (in-class and virtual) or performance support solutions that increase employees' knowledge skills and abilities.
- Collaborate closely with project managers, training analysts, subject matter experts and content and media developers to build highly engaging and effective learning experiences.
- Identify opportunities to supplement instructor-led training with blended learning solutions that include game-based, performance support, and eLearning.
- Synthesize technical and complex ideas and procedures into easy-to-understand training formats for novice learners.
- Follow a curriculum development framework to ensure consistency and quality in all deliverables.
- Be adaptable and flexible in managing multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Share frequent status updates with internal team members.