Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, guidelines, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to startup, maintenance, operation, or testing.
A. Supervision Received
* Receives technical and administrative supervision from the Startup Manager or responsible site supervisor.
* Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for project(s).
B. Supervision Exercised
* Provides technical guidance or at times overall project startup supervision and assigns work to other Senior Startup Engineers and Startup Engineers, technicians, crafts and others who are performing specific assignments.
* Coordinates with clients, suppliers, regulatory agencies, project management, engineering, and field personnel as required to fulfill job requirements.
1. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of startup, operations, or maintenance, including reviews of designs for plant operability and safety and jobsite precommissioning and startup assignments as directed. Performs work that involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting requirements, unsuitability of conventional methods, or difficult coordination requirements.
2. Assists with the preparation of site operations manuals.
3. Plans, guides or prepares project administrative and technical documents as required for startup, maintenance, operation, or testing.
4. Coordinates startup between project engineering, construction, specialty staff groups, clients, and vendors.
5. Assumes a lead role over other engineers for specific tasks as assigned. May direct overall startup activities on specific assignments.
6. Trains assigned personnel and assists them in their professional development.
7. Plans, guides or prepares project hazard and environmental compliance assessments, as directed.