* Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline or quality assurance from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years of experience in a field of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or quality assurance.
* In lieu of formal degree, a minimum of 12 years of experience in a field of engineering, testing, or operations.
* Thorough knowledge of mechanical or electrical equipment maintenance and operating activities, such as steam, water and air production systems, remotely operated equipment, troubleshooting, corrective or preventive maintenance, materials, productions processes and engineering.
*Excellent technical writing/editing skills and verbal communication skills are required.
* Upon reporting, must be able to complete and pass a medical evaluation for badging purposes. Must have full mobility, be able to walk on uneven or broken surfaces (rocks, gravel, etc.). The examination includes, but is not limited to ability to pass blood pressure test, able to bend, twist, pull, push, climb, and lift more than 20 lbs.
* Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
* Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
* Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
(EFNM) Exposed Field Non-Manual
Performs desk work, including writing, computer workstation processes, and telephone operation. Arranges for and/or performs presentations, oral reports, planning meetings, and other formal and informal contacts, requiring long periods of sitting. Oversees field activities through inspections, testing and equipment operations, which requires walking, standing, bending, and turning along with wearing of personal protective equipment. Occasional loading, transport, and unloading of tools and/or supplies specific to an activity.