The Field Technical Instructor position requires an enthusiastic, knowledgeable individual that can convey complex, technical subjects to learners in a clear and interesting way. The Instructor must be an excellent communicator and possess solid technical skills in Industrial Automation control products across multiple Rockwell product families.
This individual will be responsible for further development in terms of classroom presentation skills and technical product knowledge. The instructor, with direction from the immediate supervisor, has responsibility for maintaining his/her utilization required to meet company objectives, and managing his/her schedule in order to upgrade his/her instructional, technical, and product skills.
- Deliver performance based training for customers both in-house and at the customer site across US.
- Align with customers to identify specific training tasks and requirements for tailored and custom delivery.
- Maintain technical competency in assigned courses while expanding product competency.
- Maintain and continue to develop instructional/platform skills.
- Setup, teardown, and properly pack all classroom equipment.
- Maintain classroom equipment in good working condition.
- Report any issues that impact delivery or customer satisfaction to management immediately, following up with details in an Instructor Course Assessment Form (ICAF).
- Communicate with students to identify follow-on opportunities for training and/or product sales.
- Diagnose student performance weaknesses and select appropriate remedial activities.
- Analyze student evaluations and take appropriate actions to solve any noted deficiencies.
- Monitor class evaluations to assure customer satisfaction.
- Know and understand the target industries.
- Support sales activities as deemed appropriate.
- Set a professional example for others and assume the role of mentor for associates and trainees.