- Test product functionality in course training exercises for revised course materials to accommodate new software and hardware functionality.
- Maintains expertise on knowledge of service strategies, design engineering, installation, startup and troubleshooting techniques
- Tests usability, product functionality and becomes a company expert on new products.
- Setup and pack up equipment for courses of instruction. Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reporting, tracking and completing preventative and corrective maintenance on assigned products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent - Associate's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Two to five years in a field position (Systems or Service Specialist, Fire Specialist, Security Specialist, Engineer, Sales Engineer, Project Manager) or successful experience in a comparable training role.
- 100% travel requirement for this role (Training classes are typically 3-4 days in length)
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional techniques and course development utilizing a wide range of media and learning strategies
- Strong platform skills and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Experience with one or more of the following disciplines:
- Building Automation Systems
- Security products
- Fire and Life Safety