Provides customer specific training to dealership technicians in the following areas: Late model electronics, powertrain, OEM scan tools, engine, passive restraint system, auto/manual transmission, pre-delivery inspection, steering/suspension, basic electrical, engine performance, basic fuel injection, AC, antilock brakes and other areas as expertise grows.
Manage training schedule.
Deliver instructor-led technical training courses to Fleet Technicians, corporate personnel at a Technical Training Center and mobile locations
-Prepare for and maintain the highest-level of technical proficiency in all Skill Areas
- Manage individual course registration and roster processing -
Maintain the operational integrity of training vehicles for classroom activities
- Utilize all available resources to maintain the highest level of technical proficiency
- Assist with the organization and functionality of special tools, hand tools, classrooms for usage, course hardware and components, Diagnosis equipment and software updates
- Monitor and maintain seat fill
- Provide feedback to Training Development Team
- Support Course Development Team if/when required
- Coordinate new model launch training together with Business Center needs
- Analyze data and communicate with BC and dealers on the specific training required for each dealer to complete "Dealer Standards".
- Monitor progress towards Dealer Standards and coordinate course offerings with dealer needs.
- Follow-up with dealers to ensure attendance at necessary courses
- Council with new Service Managers to help them understand and utilize technical training for the benefit of the dealership
- Conduct (as needed) Curriculum Planning Meeting with all Service Managers