Chatsworth, CA : 11/22/2022
This position will be responsible for project engineering tasks based out of our Chatsworth, CA facility. Assigned projects will include process system design, mechanical integrity assessment/evaluation, procedure and specification development, equipment sizing and component specification, and process system fabrication. Specific responsibilities will include; develop and maintain schedules and project budgets; prepare conceptual drawings and layouts in AutoCAD, size valves, regulators, pressure relief devices and other process system components; prepare ROM cost estimates based on conceptual designs and system criteria; prepare Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) outlines and apply budgeted hours/costs.
A Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or industrial engineering is preferred, but a BS in any engineering field coupled with a strong background in the design and fabrication of ASME process piping systems and ground support equipment is acceptable. Strong project management skills are a requirement. Must be familiar with and show experience working with:
- ASME Code pressure systems
- Precision cleaned process systems
- Cryogenics and high pressure pneumatics
- Management of technical staff including engineers, technicians and inspector
Must be a US citizen with a valid driver's license and capable of obtaining a DOD security clearance. Must clearly speak, write and understand English. Computer software skills are necessary with Excel, Adobe, and Word as minimum requirements.
Other requirements include:
- Ability to complete assignments and direct project tasks with no supervision.
- Communicate and coordinate directly with client.
- Assist in the development and preparation of technical proposals.
- Strong knowledge of process piping components such as valves, regulators, transducers, gauges.
- Ability to prepare and maintain project schedules, assign responsibilities and tasking to staff
Multi-tasking is a requirement and will be the norm.
Already have an account? Log in here