Design Release Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI : 11/7/2022
Description:The Design and Release Engineer will be responsible for developing components/systems from initial design concept through full volume production. The Design and Release Engineer will provide feasibility input for development of designs, concepts, sketch, and clay models. Establish and manage development timeline for life of project. Develop functional objectives, build objectives, DVPR, and DFMEA for components. The Engineer will lead design, while leveraging external design source and/or internal CAD design resource. The Engineer will be responsible for the release of completed component geometry using Teamcenter/NX CAD tools. Validate virtual designs using CAE resources and perform physical validation via component, system, and vehicle level testing. Manage internal documentation for release of systems. Plan and oversee tool construction and production of assemblies. On-site support for vehicle pilot builds and production launch at assembly plant. Responsible for root cause analysis and determination of corrective action for issues with assembly, fit/finish, and functional performance. Analyze and remediate warranty, identify cost reduction opportunities on production of systems, candidate will also be responsible for safety compliance report documents.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical/Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university.
-2+ years of experience in DVP-driven product development and validation
- ability to interface with suppliers and internal cross-functional areas
* Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving ability.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work to management and cross-functional teams.
Already have an account? Log in here