The Professional Maintenance Lead directs skilled trades employees to meet the objectives of the maintenance department in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will coordinate safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale initiatives. Drive throughput improvements and coordinate professional maintenance and breakdown maintenance activities. Provide coaching and mentoring to team members (both hourly and supervisory) regarding World Class Manufacturing techniques for problem solving and corrective action implementation.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Possess a general level of technical understanding related to maintenance, time based maintenance (TBM), condition based maintenance (CBM), and dynamic maintenance (DM)
Influence the key performance indicators (KPI's), mean time between failure (MTBF) of components and equipment in their area, mean time to repair (MTTR), as well as maintaining equipment at basic conditions and continuous improvements of the equipment in their area
Address throughput, run to run, and downtime related issues with equipment in a production environment, supported by the Professional Maintenance Specialist (PMS) where applicable
Direct supervision of the skilled trades
Work with skilled trades staff in driving waste reduction efforts through implementation of methods / processes of the World Class Manufacturing (WCM); Autonomous Maintenance (AM), Professional Maintenance (PM), Quality Maintenance (QM), Focus
Improvement and People Development (PD)
Actively participate and lead kaizen project activities centered on Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment
Assignment is ongoing and will extended at year' end.
* High School Diploma and GED
* Minimum 3 years of industrial automation experience with project management experience.
* Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
* Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required
* Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Demonstrated troubleshooting problem solving experience
* Goal oriented self-starter with ability to lead teams.
* Ability to coach/mentor/develop skilled trade employees
* Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office