Asset Management Administrator
Plymouth, MI : 10/21/2022
This is what you'll do:
- Tracking, monitoring, maintaining, and recouping all IT software and hardware assets across all sites
- Occasionally perform Level 2 IT Desktop Support tasks like imaging and advanced troubleshooting - Technology and Applications troubleshooting/repair/resolution for all endpoints (laptops, desktops, kiosk machines, and mobiles/tablets)
- Hardware and software provisioning (check-in and check-out)
- Consolidate the hardware models laptops, desktops, workstations, tablets, phones, and KIOSK devices) for simpler IT support while meeting the business requirements
- Assist in research and recommendation of the right hardware for the correct business requirements
- Assist in yearly hardware and software (licenses) forecasting for purchasing
- Streamline the IT equipment shipping and logistics process
- Perform regular audits of the software and hardware inventory to validate for any discrepancies
- Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc reports as requested by the IT End User Services (EUS) leadership
- Ensure we have enough inventory at all locations for new hire's onboarding
- Ensure new hire onboardings are happening as per the schedule (laptop and other IT accessories shipping)
- Coordinate with the other IT groups to achieve the committed SLAs and deliver world-class customer service
- Participate in additional technology initiatives as required - Assisting with server and network upgrades, OS upgrades, office moves, technology rollouts, and onsite/offsite meeting coordination
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
- Look to improve all aspects of the Asset Management and Desktop Support functions continually
- Support asset management program, processes, and daily operations and maintain process documentation and standard work for all key asset lifecycle stages
- Support software asset audit and remediation activities, software true-ups, renewals, etc.
- Create and maintain software models in ServiceNow, including configuring license types and license counter calculations (PVUS, CALS, cloud, subscription, perpetual, user, concurrent, etc.)
- Ensure that new license entitlements are appropriately updated in the asset management system and license metrics are accurately reflected against product use rights and contractual guidelines
- Support processes associated with software whitelists and blacklists, including handling of non-standard software requests, identification, removal of unauthorized software, etc.
- 3 + years experience with Software Asset Management
- At least 1 year of experience with ServiceNow ITSM platform, especially with Asset Management (AMDB)
- Experience supporting deployment and sustainment of SAM (SAM Pro is a BIG PLUS)
- Experience with SAMs CMDB integration and baseline buildout of Software asset management.
- Experience in Software asset management contract procurement and tracking.
- Understanding of Software versions and the importance of SKU/part number management.
- Experience managing all software licensing aspects for an enterprise
- Knowledge of various platforms and license types (PVUs, CALs, cloud, subscription, perpetual, etc.)
- Experience with licensing for large software vendors, such as IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, etc.
- Experience supporting software audits, true-ups, renewals, etc
Nice to have:
- IT Asset Management certifications such as Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM), Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM)
- ITIL v3 or ITIL 4 Foundation certification
- Experience supporting deployment and sustainment of SAM Pro
Already have an account? Log in here