Design Release Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI : 10/12/2022
Description:The Design and Release Engineer - Vehicle Suspension will be responsible for developing components/systems from initial design concept through full volume production. The Design and Release Engineer will provide feasibility input for development of designs from Product Design Office (PDO) concepts, sketch, and clay models. Establish and manage development timeline for life of project. Develop functional objectives, build objectives, DVPR, and DFMEA for components. The Engineer will lead design, while leveraging external design source and/or internal CAD design resource. The Engineer will be responsible for the release of completed component geometry using Teamcenter/NX CAD tools. Validate virtual designs using CAE resources and perform physical validation via component, system, and vehicle level testing. Manage internal documentation for release of systems. Plan and oversee tool construction and production of assemblies.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university.
Experience with automotive suppliers or OEM's (will consider internships)
Desire to work in chassis or mechanical engineering systems
* Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving ability.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work to management and cross-functional teams.
Already have an account? Log in here