Descripción de oficio
Auburn Hills, MI : 1/18/2023
Provide technical expertise and support in relation to mechanical fastening schemes for all vehicles. Drive joint and fastener commonization across vehicle platforms. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Work with product release engineers to conduct detailed fastener joint design reviews, in order to provide recommendations relative to fastener selection and fastener best practice implementation. Direct testing in the fastener lab with bargaining unit personnel. Help to develop fastener best practices and fastener design guidelines. Respond to plant production issues as required. Work with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering on new vehicle programs to reduce fastener/torque complexity. Act as main point of contact for product teams for fastener/torque related items for their commodity.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited University (Mechanical preferred).
* 5+ years of Fastener Engineering experience with an automotive OEM or major supplier, with an additional 3 years of engineering experience (total of 8+ years).
* Fastener lab testing experience (torque specification development).
* Fastener selection/recommendation experience.
* Fastened joint design review experience.
* Fastener manufacturing experience.
* Ability to interact with customers.
* Master's degree preferred.
* System calibration experience.
Hybrid Working: home 70%; in office 30%