Newport News, VA : 9/7/2022
This is an opportunity for an ISD with experience in the development of technical training for skilled trades who are responsible for the construction of a nuclear submarine fleet. The ISD will be responsible for conducting needs assessments, including individual and organizational performance diagnostics to identify the appropriate solutions for a performance need. Designs, develops, and implements learning solutions and evaluations that achieve critical business objectives. Capability to perform ALL aspects of design, development and delivery of a finished product.
- Develops and collaborates in the development of Training Strategy
- Ability to evaluate, plan, and design technical curricula for skilled trades
- Conducts needs assessments for training interventions
- Assess organization"s needs using appropriate methods and tools including charters, scoping tools, and standard needs assessment process
- Develops design documents
- Conducts client reviews
- Develops instructional materials and evaluations
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and client"s internal customers
- Ensure training meets accepted quality standards
- Select and use appropriate tools and methods for training adult learners
- Develops highly effective instructional materials and evaluations with techniques that ENGAGE the learner.
- Bachelor Degree or extensive experience in the instructional design/curriculum development field.
- 5+ years instructional systems design work experience, including strong knowledge of adult learning theory, learning styles, and learner needs.
- Ideal backgrounds include: Manufacturing/Instructional Designer/Curriculum Developer
- Shipbuilding/Navy experience nice-to-have but not critical
- Prior content development in trades areas such as: pipefitters, painters, electricians, welders, machinists, etc.
- Versatility to complete all aspects of course design and development, which includes graphics design, web-based authoring, testing, and evaluation
- Must satisfy background check requirements
Already have an account? Log in here