Requires extensive experience in automotive body surface and dimensional quality, defect repair, surface panel paint preparation, metal finishing without the use of fillers, and coaching/teaching, to provide hands on training for Automotive Assembly Plant body area and repair personnel in automotive OEM manufacturing settings.
The position requires that the employee be able to work a flexible schedule including various shifts and workdays. There will be opportunities for overtime based on client priorities and workload. The employee will be based onsite at our customer's location and travel to other customer facilities outside of the Detroit metropolitan area as required. Tools including lights, and metal finishing application equipment are provided. Physical requirements of the job include walking and standing for extended periods, bending, squatting, twisting and moving repair equipment and vehicle components weighing up to 60 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee must understand all phases of automotive surface panel quality and repair to ensure that the proper surface panel preparation, panel repair processes and techniques are conveyed to client personnel. Duties include:
- Deliver technical training programs pertaining to inspecting panel surface quality, repairing defects in painted and unpainted auto body components based on needs analysis.
- Following the delivery of training, provide floor coaching for client workers including utilization of a problem solving approach to ensure that the root cause of issues are identified, resolved and then shared as lessons learned
- Support client's manufacturing facilities by increasing the performance of production surface quality repair personnel in an assembly plant including the body in white and final assembly areas.
- Deliver Classroom and structured on the job training pertaining to surface quality, and body repair. The instructor must have the skills and physical ability to demonstrate repair techniques on actual vehicles.
- Provide consulting services to determine root cause analysis, and resolution of quality issues