Descripción de oficio
Civil Engineer / Structural Engineer
Merritt Island, FL : 7/30/2021
Civil Senior Engineer I/II - Structural
Position Description/ Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Originate and check complex structural engineering deliverables, such as steel and concrete calculations, specifications, material requisitions.
- Reviews and coordinates technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
- Prepare technical reports related to specific design issues.
- Manage specifically assigned project activities.
- Assist in constructability reviews.
- Support construction by dispositioning field change requests and nonconformance reports.
- Act as a mentor or coach for subordinate engineers and designers.
- Schedule and coordinate off-project review requirements for engineering deliverables.
- Lead and/or participate in technical discussions with client, suppliers, construction, etc.
- US Citizenship.
- BS degree in structural/civil engineering from an accredited university or college, and six years progressive related experience.
- PE in Civil or related Engineering Registration.
- Ability to independently execute the detailed design of complex steel and/or concrete structures.
- Thorough knowledge and application of the AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318, and ASCE 7.
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis software such as GTSTRUDL or SAP 2000.
- Experience with CADD applications, such as AutoCAD.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings, specifications, and material requisitions and of construction methods for concrete and steel structures.
- Understands work processes of other disciplines and departments on projects.
- Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
- Ability to resolve design issues with subordinates, suppliers, other engineering disciplines, construction, and the client.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills are essential.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Experience in civil structural design in industrial, nuclear, nuclear waste and/or defense facilities.
- Proficient in the use of Mathcad or similar software.
- Thorough knowledge of the provisions of ACI 349, AISC N690, ASCE 4-98, ASCE 7, and IBC codes.
- Familiar with Bechtel standard programs, such as ME-035, Base Plate II.
- DOD or DOE project experience.
- Experience with managing discipline software life cycle documentation.
- Necessary skills to present technical subjects with competence and confidence.
- Experience in resolving field problems associated with FCNs, FCRs, NCRs, CDRs, and/or SDDRs.