Pipe Stress Engineer
Lake Mary, FL Posted: 4/2/2020
SunTechPros is recruiting a Pipe Stress Engineer for our client located in Lake Mary, Florida.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for stress analysis, pipe support, developing piping system designs that meet code, contract and schedule requirements for projects in the Americas.
Education / Experience Requirements
˗ Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
˗ Minimum ten (10) years and maximum eighteen (18) years of directly related technical experience.
Major Responsibilities and Activities
- Perform pipe stress analysis per applicable ASME codes and standards.
- Experience with pipe stress software (CAESAR II and/or AutoPIPE) is required.
- Evaluate calculated stress results, displacements, and pipe support loads.
- Ability to design and select supports, spring hangers, flexible hose, and expansion joints for piping systems as well as preparation of technical datasheets, and purchase specifications.
- Ability to prepare pipe stress reports for internal and external costumers.
- Ability to import 3D models into Caesar II, to organize, and to modify the stress file based on applicable documents. Manual modeling skill by pipe stress software is also required.
- Ability to Prepare stress isometric drawings from CAESAR II, and to modify the drawings by AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of materials in the preparation of piping, valve, and support specifications and subsequent purchasing.
- Understand and interoperate ASME B31.1 and B31.3 Codes. Ensure that piping code requirements are correctly defined and incorporated into the design and vendor requirements.
- Understand piping design philosophy and ability to perform high level piping designs from time to time.
- Assist assigned engineers and designers in the resolution of technical engineering and design challenges.
- Interpret and respond to technical inquiries from customer, vendors and field personnel. Interpret and integrate design requirements from parent company.
- Meet Schedule requirements for engineering deliverables to ensure project schedules are met.
- Develop processes and procedures that will ensure an effective and optimized use of resources while providing high quality design packages.
- Strive for excellence through developing concepts to improve piping systems and reduce costs.
- Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
- Interface with EPC contractor, customer, parent, and affiliated companies in periodical meetings to ensure understanding of engineering matters.
- Request, receive and handle technical information required/indispensable for the project to and from Subcontractors cooperating with Purchasing department and also discussing with Project Manager/Engineering Manager;
- Follow up and resolve any pending items which are found during, or remain after, completion of Project execution up to the expiration of Warranty period.
- Perform other technical Project implementation duties as required by the Company from time to time.
- Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Ability to perform multi-tasks and perform multidisciplinary communication.
- With/through Purchasing Department, expedite Sub-contractors with respect to engineering and manufacturing matters. Responsibilities are but not limited to: review of progress reports, periodic shop visits to their facilities with Project Manager/Engineering Manager.
Already have an account? Log in here