The Senior Market Research Analyst will drive our client's Power Markets Research with data-driven insights. The ideal candidate will complete predictive and prescriptive analysis of power & energy markets, emerging technology and trends, competitive intelligence and provide pro-active insights/recommendations on growth strategies and improvement of business operations.
Employee in this role will proactively analyze data, and present insights to improve business outcomes and support growth strategy initiatives presenting it to executives and top management. Demonstrated expertise in/or experience with, complex markets and regulations governing those markets, including, but not limited to: competitive power markets, vertically integrated regulated markets, generation technologies, new energy research. Ideal candidates possess a broad background to be able to conduct market trend research while also understanding the technical aspects of our products, including gas turbines, solar projects development and battery storage-new emerging technologies in the power markets.
Responsibilities include maintaining up-to-date information and research on power & energy markets, including generation technologies/ISO trends, customer need assessment, new or changing environmental regulations, competitors’ technology & business advancements, and other factors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Market Research & Analysis
- Apply data mining capabilities to aggregate, validate and disseminate actionable insights around power & energy markets, target customers and competitive strategies
- Develop effective and efficient descriptive, predictive and prescriptive models to optimize marketing programs and operations
- Research market trends, competitive intelligence and prepare presentations to support management approval of proposed growth plans
- Analyze differing customer needs driven by market conditions (i.e. utilities, independent power producers, or project developers) and evaluate areas of opportunity for sales and services
Data Management and Management Reporting
- Routinely extract data, in varying formats, from a diverse set of platforms and databases for direct consumption by processes, reports and analytical tools. Perform research online and with company market software subscriptions
- Regulate how the business captures, maintains and presents data and information. Create visuals like maps, charts, graphs, tables, and other data-driven outputs to aid in the understanding of market studies
- Remain current on new technology advancements and provide benchmarks to competitors’ products
- Gather and mine large amounts of data, analyze key market indicators, and summarize relevant material for internal customers
- Research and Analyze evolving market trends, energy market dynamics, customer use cases and present it through regular reports to aid leadership decisions and assist with the strategic allocation of resources
- Monitor and identify information, research and news that is material and actionable to provide commentary that enables management to immediately grasp the market impact
- Assist commercial leads in the identification of target markets; prepare recommendations around key markets. Work closely with front-line Sales/Origination teams and potential customers to understand customer needs and develop transactions/product structures to meet those needs
- Support Product Line Management and provide research/analysis and feedback to help identify opportunities for product improvement and development
- Work with commercial and marketing communication teams to assist in development and preparation of marketing materials
- Develop and maintain various economic models including life cycle cost models, dispatch models, and discounted cash flow models for strategic planning purposes, internal studies, and external publications
- Perform other job-related duties and work on special projects as required
- Strong analytical background in the power-utilities/energy industry.
- Ability to work independently and motivated to take on new meaningful tasks even if not directed to do so
- Ability to translate data/research/analysis into actionable insights that are understood by a non-technical audience
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Support peers and managers to collaborate on key initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.