Project Cost Estimator
Lake Mary, FL Posted: 5/4/2020
SunTechPros is recruiting a Project Cost Estimator for our client located in Lake Mary, Florida!!
This is an excellent DIRECT HIRE career opportunity!!
Completes a wide variety of estimating activities to support large power plant projects. Utilizes broad experience and expertise for various types of projects and clients with a familiarity of company and project practices and procedures. Works in coordination with an Estimation Engineer to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services by performing the following duties;
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document, organize and maintain project information
- Prepare complex cost estimates and customer options list based on Application Engineering bid data
- Review Application Engineering scope of work bid data for estimation accuracy
- Computes and applies cost factors in preparation of estimates and determining cost effectiveness; including rate and unit cost determination and performing mathematical calculations by applying standard factors.
- Updates costs as necessary based on new information and project scope changes
- Responsible for management, maintenance, and configuration of Estimation software and support systems
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to work among various engineering disciplines
- Collaborate with Global Sourcing, Engineering, Project Management, and Commercial Operations group to determine appropriate equipment costs, reviewing data accuracy and providing feedback to cost owners
- Assist with improvement of process and procedures to streamline estimating efforts and efficiency
- Summarize final cost estimate information with delta explanation and identify risks
- Prepare cost estimate Power Point presentation material for management cost review
- Support Estimation Engineer in cost reviews via data backup and storage
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs to determine discrepancies.
- Travel - <10%
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (BS) required, Engineering or Technical background preferred; and 0-2 years related estimation experience and/or training. Exp. with power plants and EPC would be a PLUS but open to training.
If qualified and interested, please forward your updated MS Word version resume and annual salary expectations to:
David L. Burchette, III
Director, Recruiting Services and Delivery
Empowering Technology Solutions
A Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) || E-Verified (Employment Eligibility Verification)
Mobile: (919) 449-4537 | Fax: (866) 482-2734
Already have an account? Log in here