Saratoga, NY Posted: 7/19/2019
Our well-established client is seeking a Highway Superintendent. In this role, you will supervise and oversee bridge construction and/or heavy highway construction projects, including managing project budgets and schedules.
- Coordinate foreman and crews to ensure adequate staffing of jobs
- Lead field operations to ensure safety, quality & productivity.
- Monitor and improve crew productions and understand goals.
- Meet with foremen and crews to plan daily schedules and effectively communicate goals of project with foremen.
- Communicate professionally with a diverse group of individuals.
- Work with union representatives to hire labor force and understand labor and union agreements.
- Oversee compliance with all safety policies and OSHA regulations.
- Manage day to day operations of job site including material procurement, equipment use and laborer over site.
- Monitor and ensure site safety controls and develop SSHASP in collaboration with safety department.
- Attend meetings and provide technical assistance
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a construction field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ supervisory experience
- Ability to adapt to and learn a variety of computer applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others and as a team.
- Must have proficient knowledge with NYSDOT standard specification as it relates to construction.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and analyze job costs.
- Able to complete required duties in a fast-paced environment and within stated deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel.
To see a full listing of all our open positions, please visit:
We can always use top-notch Developers, Network Engineers, Business Analysts, and more.
You can also call one of our recruiting specialists at:
redShift Recruiting LLC is the Capital Region’s premier technology recruiting firm. Our Founders recognized the demand for qualified Technology Professionals in the area and started redShift to fill that need. We pride ourselves on our highly qualified and carefully selected bank of candidates seeking permanent, temporary, and temp-to-hire positions.
We stand out in our understanding of technology. Our CEO is a former CIO and Director of Technology, and our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience in the technology and recruiting fields. Add to that our industry knowledge, unmatched networks within the Capital Region, and superior customer service, and you have a firm that’s unmatched in finding the best candidates for technology roles.
Already have an account? Log in here