- College degree required
- 5 years experience in mortgage lending with 2 years of experience in regulatory compliance, audit, or risk management functions
- Experience with mortgage origination, processing, underwriting, and closing
- Knowledge and familiarity with government and agency guidelines
- Skilled in online and traditional research techniques
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills essential
- Able to complete tasks on time, with great accuracy, and attention to detail
- Outstanding ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Superior customer service, including a strong track record of follow-up
- Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment while maintaining confidentiality
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Browsers
- Strong independent judgment skills essential to making quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures essential
- Planning and Organizing
- Client Focus
- Critical Judgement
- Legislation, Policies, and Procedures
- Personal Credibility
Plaza offers a great work environment. Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided.