Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company has a full-time opportunity for a remote National Underwriting Analyst to join our Corporate Underwriting Team!
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Underwriting Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Corporate Underwriting department and Branch underwriting associates, by driving increased underwriting knowledge, as well as analysis of process, tools, and loan review.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Assist in leading underwriting initiatives, inclusive of reporting, engaging internal associates, training, and vetting potential opportunities.
- Partner with Learning and Development to develop and deliver underwriting training and job aids, inclusive of new hires, continuing education, and quick tips.
- Participate in second review process for underwriting designations.
- Identify knowledge and process gaps and opportunities within underwriting.
- Act as a liaison with investors on post-closing issues.
- Work with the branches and leadership to remedy defects, as needed.
- Create and maintain underwriting forms and worksheets.
- Assist with writing and/or updating underwriting Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain and update underwriting conditions, as needed.
- Assist IT with Breeze (LOS) testing for regular releases and continuous regular testing to ensure no new glitches and that the system is operating as expected.