Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company has full-time opportunities for Jr. Underwriters in Phoenix, Arizona!
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Underwriters in set-up and review of residential loan file documents. May sign off on underwriting conditions that are both non-credit and credit-qualifying, depending upon lending authority. (Junior Underwriters will be assigned Lending Authority levels by Corp Underwriting. Levels are I - II.)
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- May sign off on underwriting conditions within authority.
- Perform accurate data validation of file and update system of record, certifying system data integrity
- Act as a liaison by communicating loan decision and conditions to Client Service Representatives, Brokers, and Correspondent clients
- Review Government Insuring Disclosures.
- Run and review quality control tools – i.e. FraudGuard and Early Check.
- Run credit as required.
- May test for and receive Level I/II Underwriting Authority for the following tasks:Perform mortgage credit analysis, with or without the assistance of an AUS system for Conventional loans, to determine borrower’s willingness and ability to repay the mortgage. Review credit documents for completeness and accuracy. Perform detailed review of appraisal for one-to-four family residential properties to determine acceptability of security for sale to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as well as loans sold to investors.
- Partner with Sales to ensure mortgage applications are originated efficiently and in compliance with all Plaza Home Mortgage regulatory requirements, especially as it pertains to underwriting.
- Complete required worksheets – i.e. Pre-Closing Checklist.
- Assist in resolving branch post-closing investor suspense issues.
- Other duties as assigned.