- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
- Knowledge of mortgage banking industry and preparation of closing documents
- Understanding of state regulations as it pertains to closing loans
- Demonstrated skill in monitoring and overseeing loan production pipeline
- Knowledge of paperless work environments
- Experience with Loan Origination Systems (LOS) such as Calyx Point and Ellie Mae
- Skilled in Document Preparation Software such as DocuTech or DocMagic
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Internet Browsers, and email functions required
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work
- Solid organizational and problem solving skills
- Capability of multi-tasking in fast-paced environment with heavy volume of transactions
- Proven aptitude to work I both a team and individual environment
- Sound judgement skills essential to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures
- Achievement Orientation
- Quality Work
- Attention to Detail
- Work Ethics and Values
This position receives direction from Regional, Operations, and Closing Managers, and/ or Closing Team Lead.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
Internally: Account Executives, Client Service Representatives, Underwriters, Funders and Managers.
Externally: Approved Brokers and Correspondents, and Closing Agents.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
This position requires constant talking, hearing, and use of hands and fingers along with frequent standing and walking as well as occasional stooping, kneeling, twisting, turning, bending at waist, crouching and reaching with hands and arms. Incumbent must be able to sporadically lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Good vision at both close range and at distance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
This position works primarily indoors in an office setting with occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions. A moderate noise level is typical for the work environment of this job. Some rare travel by car or plane may be required.
Plaza offers a great work environment. Plaza is an EEOC Employer and follows all federal, state and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occurs in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s work place free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management: practices, and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistle blowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.