- College degree in related field or any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform duties of the position
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in mortgage banking with 8-10 years of regulatory compliance and management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce accurate work
- Ability to manage time, multi-task, prioritize work in a high paced environment with heavy volume of transactions
- Ability and experience handling and meeting deadlines
- Excellent research and organizational skills
- Solid commitment to customer and associate (employee) service
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in both a team and individual environment while maintaining confidentiality
- Proficient computer knowledge including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) and Internet Browsers
- Strong independent judgment skills essential to making quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures
- Experience with mortgage orientation, processing, underwriting, and utilizing both online and paper regulatory resources
- Achievement Orientation
- Technical Expertise
- Team Leadership
- Managing Performance
- Strategic Thinking
Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.