Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has an excellent opportunity for a Loan Registration Specialist for our Jacksonville, FL (JAX) Branch location.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full service Mortgage Banker. We originate mortgage loans on both a wholesale and correspondent basis.
Our ideal candidate should be outgoing, hardworking, and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for the boarding of all new loans including providing the proper initial disclosures as required by law.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
1. Monitor all new loan submissions from Plaza’s Broker/Correspondent Portal to Plaza’s Internal LOS team
2. Perform Data Entry in Plaza's LOS
3. Ensure 3.2 file has imported
4. Run Compliance Ease and check /review QM findings for pass/safe harbor
5. Complete fees in DT from itemization
6. Prepare and send Initial Disclosures in DocuTech
7. Verify disclosures and ensure compliance forms are properly executed and in file:
- Plaza required Disclosures
- State required Disclosures, in accordance with the State Disclosure Matrix
- GFE and SPL (Review for all RESPA requirements)
- When required, review TILA from correspondents
- Fee Itemization
8. Review the Initial 1003 for completeness
9. Verify NMLS# and name for company and loan officer, and match information to 1003 data
10. Confirm HMDA is complete
11. Check and upload USPS for address accuracy
12. When applicable, print property tax info to file from county website, if needed
13. Enter key factors into Plaza's LOS from credit report
14. If required, confirm the AUS has been assigned to Plaza
15. Complete Loan Registration checklists
16. Review file to determine if ready to underwrite
17. Batch FraudGuard
18. Create a virtual folder on the Y drive (a.k.a. virtual skinny file). Place in the file: Hazard worksheet, Income Worksheet, Tax Worksheet
19. Contact and follow up with Broker
20. Send emails to Broker to follow up on skinny or full files, if applicable
21. Stay current with State and Federal industry regulations
22. Review Pipeline tool on the Intranet
23. Other duties as assigned