Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Senior Accountant in San Diego, California with our Corporate Office.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for completing general ledger entries, system imports and exports, account reconciliations, and activity analysis primarily focused on loan-level mortgage and servicing transactions.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Reconcile and process loan-level transactions for funding, purchases, warehouse bank transactions, security advances, and settlements, etc.
- Prepare daily and month-end journal entries and accruals as assigned.
- Reconcile, research, and analyze warehouse bank transactions and cash as assigned.
- Reconcile, research, and analyze other balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare Balance sheet and Profit and Loss statements.
- Review and analysis of assigned branch P&L’s.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.