Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has an excellent opportunity for a Mortgage Shipper at our Jacksonville, FL (JAX) Branch office.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full service Mortgage Banker. We originate mortgage loans on both a wholesale and correspondent basis.
Our ideal candidate should be outgoing, hardworking, and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Post Closing – Shipper is responsible for reviewing loans in accordance with specific investor and program guidelines. This position ensures the accuracy of data being uploaded to each investor’s secure website for maximum purchase percentage rate.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Prepare daily funded allocated loan report sorted by investor.
- Prepare loans for shipping based on investor/agency requirements.
- Ensure files are complete and accurate based on investor and program guidelines.
- Direct branch communication for missing or inaccurate documents.
- Complete electronic and hard copy shipment of loans within required timeframe.
- Perform daily MERS functions, registrations, transfers, and min reconciliations to identify errors and ensure timely corrections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Prior mortgage banking industry experience
- Familiarity with all conventional and government loan origination and closing documents
- Experience working primarily in a paperless environment
- Knowledge performing MERS online system activities
- Know-how with loan collateral delivery process
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills essential
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work
- Outstanding problem-solving and independent judgment skills essential to making quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures
- Capability of multi-tasking and prioritizing work in fast-paced environment with heavy volume of transactions as well as be able to meet and handle deadlines
- Strong commitment to customer and associate service necessary
- Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Browsers, with knowledge of DataTrac a plus
- Quality Work
- Writing Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
Plaza offers a great work environment. Plaza is an EEOC Employer and follows all federal, state and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occurs in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s work place free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management: practices, and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistle blowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.