Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company has a full-time opportunity for a Lock Desk Coordinator in San Diego, California.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for all activities regarding the operation of lock desk including, but not limited to, locking of loans, extending or re-locking loans as requested by brokers or account executives, pricing program scenarios, entering and updating trades in DataTrac, and various other projects.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Lock loan interest rates received from brokers via web trac and through phone calls.
- Change locks as needed due to changes in parameters or programs.
- Extend or re-lock loans as requested by broker or account executive.
- Assist account executives and enderwriters in making changes to loans already locked, i.e.: adjust loan amount, apvs, property type, occupancy and product codes.
- Assist brokers and account executives in pricing scenarios or helping select an appropriate program for their borrower.
- Lock in loans with investor and communicate lock confirmations back in a timely manner
- Enter and update trades in DataTrac.
- Daily tracking of hedge position in the market via excel report.
- Update website with turn times of each branch and “market snapshot”.
- Reconcile trades made by V.P. against dealer confirms.
- Process of Assignments of Trade.
- Audit rate sheets and notify leadership of discrepancies.
- Enforce secondary marketing lock policies.
- Assist in loan sales to different investors.
- Various pricing projects and other duties as assigned.