Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has an excellent opportunity for a Jr. Underwriter position with our Jacksonville, FL.(JAX) Branch location.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full service Mortgage Banker. We originate mortgage loans on both a wholesale and correspondent basis.
Our ideal candidate should be outgoing, hardworking, and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
Responsible for assisting the Senior Underwriters in set-up and review of residential loan file documents. May sign off on underwriting conditions that are both non-credit and credit-qualifying, depending upon lending authority. Junior Underwriters will be assigned Lending Authority levels by Corp Underwriting. Levels are I - II.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Knowledge of FNMA, and FMLMC documentation and general guidelines/standards
- Experience with FHA,VA and USDA is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with DU/DO, LP, FHA Connection, and USDA GUS also preferred, but not required
- May sign off on underwriting conditions within authority (lending authority to be approved by Corp Underwriting)
- Perform accurate data validation of file and update system of record, certifying system data integrity
- Acts as a liaison by communication loan decision and conditions to CSRs, Brokers and Correspondent Clients
- Review Government Insuring Disclosures
- Run and review quality control tools – i.e. FraduGuard and Early Check
- Run credit as required
- May test for and receive Level I/II Underwriting Authority for the following tasks:
- Perform mortgage credit analysis, with or without the assistance of an AUS system for Conventional loans, to determine borrower’s willingness and ability to repay the mortgage.
- Review Credit Documents for completeness and accuracy
- Perform detailed review of appraisal for one-to-four family residential properties to determine acceptability of security for sale to Fannie May and Freddie Mac as well as loans sold to investors.
- Partner with Sales to ensure mortgage applications are originated efficiently and in compliance with all Plaza Home Mortgage regulatory requirements, especially as it pertains to Underwriting.
- Complete required worksheets – i.e. Pre-Closing Checklist
- Assist in resolving branch post closing investor suspense issues
- Other duties as assigned.