- Must be able to work in the office.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience with telephone exposure is essential
- Current knowledge of mortgage servicing a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work
- Capability to manage time, multi-task, and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment with a heavy volume of transactions, as well as ability to meet and handle deadlines
- Solid commitment to customer and associate service
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in both a team and individual environment
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office, Internet Browsers, and email functions
- Quality Work
- Client Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Plaza offers a great work environment. Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.