Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company has a full-time opportunity for a Quality Assurance Auditor in San Diego, California.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Quality Assurance Auditor will focus on broad issues that govern quality at Plaza. Responsible for auditing and re-underwriting loan files to ensure all loans meet the standards established by the company, investors and regulators. May oversee and assist Junior Auditors with pre-funding audit, and post-closing audit department functions.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Review file documentation to ensure that the Underwriter’s decision for approval meets all guidelines and supports delivery of an eligible loan with a final recommendation on the review.
- Review to include recommendations on the submitting broker/correspondent lender and tracking of defects.
- Validate loan application, disclosures, credit, liabilities, income, asset documentation, purchase contract, title, appraisal, and AUS findings using various web-based tools.
- Review and investigate Red Flags, alleged misrepresentation, alleged fraudulent findings, signature irregularities, missing or incomplete documentation which potentially affects the salability of the loan.
- Complete an audit summary of findings to included pertinent loan information, defects, inaccuracies, compliance concerns, Red Flags and possible misrepresentations (undisclosed properties and liabilities, 3rd party originations, NMLS defects).
- Update the QA log.
- Other duties as assigned.