Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has an excellent opportunity for a Sales Assistant for our Jacksonville, FL (USA)Branch location.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full service Mortgage Banker. We originate mortgage loans on both a wholesale and correspondent basis.
Our ideal candidate should be outgoing, hardworking, and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The sales assistant position maintains a proactive mindset to develop and control workflow and administer the daily work schedule of their assigned Account Executive. Ability to create business development opportunities and maximize divisional goals, and keep the division economically sound.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources, existing and prospective Plaza Home Mortgage clients.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Meets with customers as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
- Utilizes Plaza Home Mortgage training materials, reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program/policy information to both external customers and internal business partners.
- Provides complete loan applications to fulfillment department.
- Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers and business partners.
- Achieves production goals as established by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Oversees and ensures successful completion of all assigned Account Executive and Training activities.
New Business Development
Develop Business Referral Network through marketing, cold-calling, prospecting and networking activities. Participate in community efforts to promote home ownership.
Loan Application Process
- Meet with prospective borrowers.
- Review / Analyze credit and financial data.
- Determine Brokers financing objectives and goals.
- Present appropriate Plaza Home Mortgage products and programs and explain guidelines.
- Apprise of pricing and lock rate as required.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to sell additional products.
Loan Application Process
- Collect supporting loan documentation as required and provide complete package to Corporate Operations.
- Upload complete application via Visual Mortgage.
- Work with Mortgage Loan Coordinators, Mortgage Loan Associates, Sales Assistant’s and directly with Fulfillment Operations to ensure that loan docs are submitted to Fulfillment within 7 days or as modified by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Coordinate Account Executives and directly with Fulfillment to ensure that loan conditions are met.
- Partner with Fulfilment Operations and Underwriting while managing on-going communication to customer regarding loan status.
- Utilize Data Track to check for notes and conditions.
- Attend and complete all Plaza Home Mortgage required training.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with Plaza Home Mortgage policies and procedures.
- May be partnered with Account Executives to train and provide guidance of all aspects of sales process.