Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Procurement and Vendor Manager in San Diego, California with our Corporate Office.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The procurement and vendor manager is responsible for negotiating contracts with the vendors and suppliers that provide products and services for the organization. The procurement manager monitors what the company is purchasing and how the company is spending its money. They also make reports to upper management in efforts to use capital in the most efficient way possible.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
1. Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of vendor procurement for the organization.
2. Implement procurement strategies to maintain security of supply and optimum value for the money.
3. Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, negotiation, and preparation of contracts.
4. Set policy and guidelines for delivering value and cost-effective procuring for the business.
5. Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
6. Negotiate contracts to obtain best price and service.
7. Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
8. Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation.
9. Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
10. Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls, and processes.
11. Teach and educate managers and associates about the procurement process control.