Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California has a full-time opportunity for a Collateral Specialist in San Diego, California with our Corporate Office.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for monitoring all collateral for timely delivery and clearing all collateral exceptions. The Collateral Specialist ensures delivery of all collateral for loan purchase.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Track daily collateral shipped reports to ensure timely delivery of collateral from Correspondents to the applicable warehouse banks.
- Contact Correspondents regarding any outstanding collateral packages and exceptions.
- Communicate with warehouse banks to clear Correspondent loans for purchase.
- Run daily funded allocation reports and request notes to be shipped from the applicable warehouse bank to Investors.
- Check daily outstanding aged collateral reports.
- Assess timely Correspondent MERS Beneficial Interest and Servicing transfers.
- Monitor daily warehouse bank exception reports and clear accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.