Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Loan Servicing Specialist in San Diego, California with our Corporate Office.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for providing prompt and accurate responses to both internal and external customers’ mortgage servicing questions and concerns received by telephone and email. This position communicates regularly with Plaza’s sub-servicer to resolve boarding and loan-level issues as well as provide approval/guidance on Loss Mitigation activity.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- FHA 203k service to include: welcome calls, follow-up on outstanding work, disbursement of 203k funds, ordering mechanic lien, final disbursements, and closeout in FHA Connect.
- Properly document loan-specific activity in servicing system.
- Follow-up and research to resolve loan level issues.
- Process incoming mail, handle payments in LOS system, and balance and make bank deposits as necessary.
- Forward payments to investors and sub-servicer as required.
- Perform loan-level servicing audits.
- Generate reports using Crystal.
- Perform various system uploads and downloads.
- Responsible for timely and accurate transmission of loans to the appropriate sub-servicer, including data transmission, balancing, escrow transfers, transfer of images, tracking and follow-up within the LOS system.
- Adhere to operational controls, including legal, corporate and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer mortgage assets.
- Other duties as assigned.