Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Project Review Specialist.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Project Review Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing external business partners and internal Plaza associates with project documentation review results related to various condominium and co-operative project types. The Project Review Specialist will provide client support/research for questions that may arise during the processing/underwriting/closing of condominium and co-operative loans. Additionally, successful completion of training pertaining to the review of condominium and/or co-operative projects may be required.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Provide complete documentation review to determine project eligibility based upon investor guidelines.
- Financial statement knowledge and analysis (budget, reserve study, audited financials, etc).
- Project insurance knowledge of all applicable coverages (property, liability, fidelity, flood) for compliance with investor requirements.
- CPM and CVAS PEW submission requests when applicable.
- Full manual project review when applicable.
- Legal documentation review in conjunction with appropriate GSE rep and warrant.
- Proficient with requirements for FNMA LPR (Limited Project Review) submissions.
- Proficient with requirements for FHA DELRAP/HRAP review and submission/upload.
- Learn the updated FHA Single-Loan Condo Approval Process.
- Provide phone and email support to Plaza Account Executives, wholesale brokers and correspondents on all condominium and co-operative related questions.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to research FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA project eligibility guidelines.