Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Vendor Manager in San Diego, California with our Corporate Office. *Must Work Onsite – Remote applicants will Not be considered.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The vendor manager is responsible for the enterprise-wide management and governance of Plaza’s vendor relationships. The vendor manager is the person that provides product and service purchasing guidance for the organization. Although not necessarily limited to these items, responsibilities include evaluating a potential provider's reputation, resources and expertise as well as helping with negotiations and contracts.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Effectively manages vendor relationships and develops vendor management strategies and processes.
- Ensures vendor services and related contracts support Plaza’s business objectives.
- Ensure enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished.
- Perform as functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
- Negotiates contracts in collaboration with stakeholders, securing timely and accurate contract amendment and renewal.
- Help and coordinate vendor processes and methods to approve vendors.
- Troubleshoot all vendor problems and present to management, as required.
- Ensure to collaborate with IT areas to assure vendor partners are effectively managed and contracts are completely leveraged.
- Serves as the primary, centralized resource for information on vendor cost, services, contract terms, quality and performance.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and tracking of vendor information for multiple purposes including audits, quality indicators, service scope, contract renewal and cost efficiency.