Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Lock Desk Coordinator in San Diego, California with our Corporate Office.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
Acts as a direct assistant to AVP of Secondary Marketing. This position is responsible for all activities regarding the operation of lock desk including, but not limited to, locking of loans, extending or re-locking loans as requested by brokers or account executives, pricing program scenarios, entering and updating trades in DataTrac, and various other projects.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Locks loan interest rates received from brokers via web trac and through phone calls.
- Changes locks as needed due to changes in parameters or programs.
- Extends or re-locks loans as requested by broker or account executive.
- Assists account executives and underwriters in making changes to loans already locked, i.e.: adjusting loan amount, property type, occupancy, and product codes.
- Assists brokers and account executives in pricing scenarios or helping select an appropriate program for their borrower.
- Locks in loans with investor and communicates lock confirmations back in a timely manner
- Enters and updates trades in DataTrac.
- Tracks hedge position in the market via excel report.
- Updates website with turn times of each branch and “market snapshot”.
- Reconciles trades against dealer confirms.
- Processes Assignments of Trade.
- Completes audit rate sheets and notify AVP of discrepancies.
- Enforces secondary marketing lock policies.
- Assists in loan sales to different investors.
- Various pricing projects as assigned by the AVP.
- Other duties as assigned.