Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Capital Markets Junior Trading Analyst in San Diego, California.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Capital Markets Trading Analyst will be responsible for evaluating and quantifying the company’s profitability on numerous levels. This position will report trends and determine appropriate and cost-efficient solutions to maximize the company’s net income.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Work directly with various wholesale, retail, and closed-loan purchase channels to provide feedback and suggestions to improve the bottom line.
- Track market and lender activities.
- Measure and monitor the market, liquidity and credit risk.
- Develop and communicate tactical and strategic recommendations on portfolio activity to senior management.
- Provide daily pricing and transactional support to Secondary Marketing department.
- Work closely with Treasury department and warehouse lenders to ensure timely and complete settlement of loan sale proceeds
- Ensure trades are satisfied within the required deadlines.
- Communicate with broker-dealers to confirm trade details and resolve any trade issues.
- Assist in the daily capital markets activities of inputting trades, creating reports, and/or analyzing data.
- Other duties as assigned.