Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Senior Non-Agency / Non-QM Underwriter in San Diego, California with our Corporate National Underwriting team.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
Responsible for the underwriting of non-agency and non-QM loans as well as reviewing supporting documentation to assess borrowers' creditworthiness and ability to repay the mortgage obligation. Supporting documentation to include, but not limited to, credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, appraisals and collateral reports, fraud prevention tools and any other documents necessary to render a decision.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Ability to manually underwrite complex transactions to ensure the loan meets established underwriting guidelines.
- Compute income and debt ratio calculations following program guidelines and ability to repay requirements.
- Perform mortgage credit analysis with or without the assistance of an automated underwriting system and ensure lending decisions follow company guidelines and policies.
- Perform detailed analysis and review of appraisal for one-to-four family residential properties to determine acceptability of security for loan programs offered by Plaza.
- Review loan documents for accuracy and consistency and address discrepancies as necessary.
- Issue loan decisions to our business partners in a clear and concise manner.
- Document decisions via loan origination platform and complete all final loan decision forms as required.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both our internal and external customers, including but not limited to answering loan specific questions on non-agency programs and reviewing program requirements within established SLAs.
- Maintain production goals & standards in accordance with established SLAs and production metrics.
- Provide mentoring, training and second signature on loans for underwriters attaining increased level of authority to include non-agency / non-QM loans.
- Other duties as assigned.