Automotive Technician Apprentice
Allen Park, MI Posted: 9/13/2021
Do you love working with your hands, and building and tearing apart things? If so, we may have an entry level opportunity for you. Performance Driven Workforce, in collaboration with Roush, is now recruiting for the DRIVEN TO SUCCEED Automotive Technician apprenticeship program. DRIVEN TO SUCCEED is a U.S. DOL-registered apprenticeship program where participants earn money while studying for an exciting career as an Automotive Technician.
Participants will work at Performance Driven Workforce test-driving new and pre-production vehicles from major auto manufacturers while receiving additional on-the-job and classroom training to earn an industry-recognized certificate as an automotive technician. Tuition, fees, books and materials will be provided by PDW.
Successful candidates that complete this two-year apprenticeship will have the opportunity to work on some of the most advanced, pre-production automotive technology in the industry as an automotive technician.
Retirees and veterans are welcome
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and a good driving record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 years driving experience in the U.S.
- Able to pass a written driving test, read maps and follow directions
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Must be able to meet basic physical requirements of the job including the ability to stand for up to 10 hours at a time and the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and willing to learn
- Must possess the skills to read, comprehend and execute written procedures
- Must have reliable attendance and be willing to work overtime/weekends
- Previous mechanic/automotive technician experience preferred
Performance Driven Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Already have an account? Log in here