Full-Time Appliance Delivery Driver / Installers $16.50/hr. Paid Weekly!
Romulus, MI Posted: 2/16/2021
Performance Driven Workforce is now hiring full-time Appliance Delivery Drivers / Installers for a major appliance manufacturer. This full-time driver / installer position is responsible for on time delivery of home appliances to customer's homes and businesses. Drivers / Installers must be able to effectively communication with their team members, follow verbal and written directions and operate both independently and as part of a team. Familiarity with the Detroit Metropolitan Area and a clean driving record is a must. Candidates meeting the requirements below are strongly encouraged to apply. Retirees and veterans are welcome.
- AM Shift: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Friday (Plus weekends, as needed)
- Safely drive a 26ft box truck.
- Safely load / unload and deliver major household appliances to customer's homes and businesses. Minor installation is required.
- Ability to safely lift in a two-person team and maneuver up to 500 lb. appliances in tight or awkward spaces with minimum damage to the appliance or customer's home or business.
- Dismantle and reassemble appliances. Training available prior to job start.
- Level, set and install only specified hookups associated with appliances.
- Observe and test operation of specified appliance following installation and make specified installation adjustments.
- Instruct customers on how to operate the appliance properly.
- Provide excellent service and customer care during the delivery and installation of appliances in customers' home and businesses.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete. This includes charges for the delivered new product.
- Ability to estimate delivery times based on customer location, appliance load and installation time.
- Analyze situations and make quick decisions to solve problems effectively as an Appliance Installer.
- Maintains stock of parts used in on-site installation.
- Safely pack and organize the back of the truck.
- Perform daily safety check on truck.
- Maintain clean work area, leaving installation area clean and unharmed.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting deadlines.
- Be safety oriented, follow proper lifting procedures and team lift when necessary.
- Must be 19 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean motor vehicle record.
- Must have 2 years U.S. driving experience
- Must be able to drive 26 ft truck
- Ability to lift up to 500 lbs. in two-person team
- Must have mechanical skills
- Must be reliable and willing to learn new things
- Must be able to work 5 days per week
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Must be authorized to work in U.S.
- 1-year of truck driving experience
- Experience working with dollies, lift gates, pallet jacks and ramps
- Ability to work with tools
- Possess some general assembly/installation experience
- Ability to read and follow service manual instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Appliance installation, mechanical or related military experience
- Prior customer service experience
- Training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience or equivalent military experience
- Prior local delivery experience is a plus
- Overtime When Available
- No Certification Required
- Veteran-Friendly Employer
- We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance after your 60 days with Performance Driven Workforce
Performance Driven Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Already have an account? Log in here