Regional Director of Clinical Services
Sarasota, FL Posted: 5/29/2018
The Regional Director of Clinical Services is responsible for assisting assigned facilities in maintaining professional standards of operation and full compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations. The Regional Director of Clinical Services reports directly to the Vice President of Clinical Services. This position is under Palm Healthcare Management based out of Sarasota Florida but will require coverage of our Pinellas, Largo, Ocala and Clearwater areas.
- Make periodic on-site visits, not less often than quarterly, to assess resident care services and provide consultation and recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Furnish written reports regarding areas of concern to the facility Executive Director making recommendations for correction of problem areas and assisting the facility in developing their own plan of correction.
- Evaluate nursing practices to assure consistence with standards of professional practice, company standards and in accordance with the applicable Nurse Practice Act of the State.
- Assist facility in establishing an in-house Quality Assurance Committee and internal monitoring procedures. Participate in Quality Assurance Performance Improvement as needed.
- Review facility staffing and scheduling, routinely making recommendations for increased efficiency or needed adjustments in staffing. Monitor budget compliance in areas of staffing direct/indirect resident care.
- Evaluate facilities’ staff orientation and in-service programs and provide recommendations to upgrade programs as needed.
- Must be willing to travel within assigned territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and hold a current registration and license as a registered professional nurse in the state in which practicing.
- Work experience must include at least 5 to 10 years of general nursing and administration experience with a minimum of two years in long-term care administration. Time spent as Director of Clinical Services in a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Have a working knowledge of applicable State/Federal rules and regulations within the Nursing Home Industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships and operate with considerable independence.
Already have an account? Log in here