1. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
2. Possess the ability to make independent decisions when requirements warrant such action.
3. Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients/residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
4. Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
5. Willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
6. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle patients/residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
7. Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing activity programs.
8. Must have a sincere desire to work with the aged.
9. Must have some understanding of the social, psychological, and recreational needs of the aged.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
(With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
1. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
2. Must be able to speak the English language 'in an understandable manner.
3. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
4. Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
5. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients/residents, personnel, and support agencies.
6. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
7. Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
8. May be required to lift equipment, supplies, and occasionally move furniture.
Tues - Sat
9am - 5pm
Must be willing to work ocassional holidays.