Electrical Engineer II
Denver, CO Posted: 2/15/2024
Responsibilities are not limited to, but may include:
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, such as mechanical and civil, to ensure seamless integration of electrical and automation systems.
- Ability to monitor and diagnose issues with automated systems, such as multiple brands of programmable logic controllers (PLCs), remote terminal units (RTUs), and human-machine interfaces (HMIs).
- Interface with electrical utilities for billing and service contracts.
- Develop and maintain documentation for electrical / automated systems, C&Es, control narratives, loop / panel drawings, P&IDs, one-lines, and cable schedules.
- Develop automation and electrical design specifications for compressor stations, amine facilities, water transfer stations and SWDs based on facility design requirements and industry standards.
- Design and oversee the installation of electrical and control systems, including PLC, power distribution, motor control centers, lighting, grounding, and lightning protection.
- Conduct technical reviews of vendor proposals and recommend appropriate electrical and control equipment, such as PLC hardware, transformers, switchgear, and UPS systems.
- Coordinate power system studies, such as load flow, short circuit, harmonic and arc flash to ensure safe and reliable operation of the electrical and controls systems.
- Develop project schedules, acquire electrical and controls equipment and budgets for electrical engineering tasks and managing these aspects of the project throughout the project life cycle.
- Participate in construction and commissioning activities, providing technical oversight to ensure that electrical and controls systems are installed and tested according to design specifications.
- Conduct safety reviews and ensuring that all electrical and control systems meet industry safety standards and comply with applicable regulations.
- Troubleshoot electrical and automation problems to provide technical support for operations and maintenance personnel as needed. This may include troubleshooting PLC logic, VFDs, or end devices.
- Keep abreast of technological advances in electrical and controls engineering and incorporate these advances into designs as appropriate.
The ideal candidate has at least 4 years' oilfield electrical and controls experience. Proficiency in the following platforms is preferred: Allen Bradley, Siemens, SCADAPac, TotalFlow, Fisher, RedLion, Ignition, Wonderware.
Bachelors degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred but not required.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
Min $95,000 / Max $185,000
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here