Supervisor, Regulatory Accounting
Houston, TX Posted: 10/27/2022
Regulatory Supervisor provides leadership over a team of 6 direct reports with respect to State royalty and severance tax reporting. Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company's plans and vision. Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks. Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Indian regulations in 7 states - (ND, MT, WY, NM, TX, OK, OH).
- Manage team to accurately prepare and timely file State royalty and production tax returns by allocating resources, scheduling and coordinating staff.
- Assist with implementing State legislative changes and reporting system improvement projects.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations to present team processes and metrics to new hires and executive level management.
- Collaborate on State audit issues and provides support on consultant special projects and requests.
- Coordinate state royalty and severance tax reporting with the Revenue Teams.
- Perform administrative duties, document performance and attendance, train new members, ensure team meets all goals while maintaining efficiency in all aspects. Furthermore, as a team supervisor, it is essential to lead and encourage the staff to their fullest potential and implement EOG's Company policies.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting desired, a business related degree with a minimum of 18 hours of Accounting will be considered. 10+ years of experience in regulatory reporting for an oil and gas company. The candidate should have good communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate information with respect to regulatory reporting to outside agencies and internal groups. Excellent with Windows, Excel, and Word. The candidate must have good analytical skills, highly motivated, self-starter and must require minimum supervision.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Already have an account? Log in here