Audit Specialist - Data Analytics
Houston, TX Posted: 11/15/2022
- Support Audit Department activities as directed by management or own experience by developing and maintaining:
- Dashboards with key metrics from financial and operational data bases with drill down or linked support that effectively identifies audit risks or areas of focus.
- Queries that make the audit processes more efficient.
- Stay current with latest analytic technologies and/or tools used by EOG IT Department.
- Participate in division and headquarters audit work (operations, financial and compliance), including a variety of functional audit areas.
- Examines assigned activities throughout the company to determine the extent of compliance with company policies, plans and procedures.
- Prepares written reports of audit results and reviews the results with appropriate management.
- Makes recommendations for the correction of exceptions noted during the audit and follows up on audit recommendations to ensure implementation.
- Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 testing requirements (internal controls over financial reporting), developing recommendations and working with external auditors, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (e.g. Accounting or Computer Science) required, with a Master's degree a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL and Spotfire is required; other analytic applications proficiency (Python or Power BI) will be considered.
- Minimum of 6+ years' experience in audit or oil & gas preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to train department members on analytic technologies as needed.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); highly motivated self-starter and can work independently.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Already have an account? Log in here