Safety & Environmental Specialist
Laredo, TX Posted: 9/12/2022
Primary focus on employee and contractor safety in addition to safety compliance. Perform EHS inspections of drilling and workover rigs, completion operations, production operations, construction, pipelines, and midstream facilities. Maintain knowledge on all state and federal and regulatory changes and proposed changes that may impact EOG safety and environmental. Participate and perform annual safety and environmental inspections. Perform and coordinate required safety and environmental training for operations personnel. Participate in Team Building Training. Report safety and environmental incidents internally and externally as required. Coordinate and assist in spill investigation and remediation. Assist in maintaining Spill Contingency and Emergency Response Plan (SCERP) for division. Provide guidance to EOG contractors for improving their safety and environmental programs in accordance with EOG's expectations. Assist operations personnel in implementation of safety and environmental stewardship practices for the division. Assist with incident investigation and corrective actions. Assist with preparation and distribution of incident summaries and safety information. Willing to travel up to 60%.
- Provide technical safety expertise and regulatory knowledge for all operational departments (Drilling, Completions, Facilities, Production, Workover, Construction and Midstream)
- Coordinate field safety consultants' daily and hitch work
- Develop programs, procedures and tools to enable adoption of EOG Safe Practices Manual.
- Coach field supervision with hazard identification and implement layers of protection with work activities
- Conduct hazard analysis with field leadership to identify hazards collectively, and ensure controls are in place for each hazard.
- Perform thorough on-site verifications to identify performance gaps related to regulatory requirements, internal safe practices, mechanical integrity issues, behavioral or cultural issues, or competency issues.
- Develop and conduct training to develop safety competency within area of coverage
- Provide guidance to EOG contractors for improving their safety programs in accordance with EOG's expectations
- Manage safety incident reporting system through completion for area of coverage
- Assist in EOG Safety Teambuilding and Safety Leadership Training
- Assist in preparation and participate in pre-spud contractor operations meetings
- Perform contractor safety verifications to identify gaps within Vendor HSE Management Systems
- Ensure periodic inspections are conducted for safety-related equipment
- Conduct man-hour reporting and audits to ensure accurate man-hour recordkeeping
- Actively participate in Safety team and field team meetings
- Coordinate and facilitate field safety meetings with relevant departments
- Utilize risk management and hazard control methodologies to enable Operational Departments to adopt safety control measures into their daily operations
- Serve as a primary role in the collection of the initial on-scene incident investigation data. Assist the line in securing the scene and in the collection of the initial information immediately following an incident.
- Actively participate, support, and provide guidance during tactical emergency response efforts.
- Serve in the assigned tactical response role and participate in training and drills. Support the line in the development of drill scenarios for assigned area of operation.
- Maintain involvement after injuries and illness to support case management for EOG personnel and contractors
- Share lessons learned in area of assigned operations
- Coordinate Incident Review with contractors and local supervision
- Perform field activities including, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, well gauging, surveying, monitor well installation oversight, remedial excavations, and fieldwork oversight
- Handle activities for environmental monitoring and remediation projects, including effectively managing the implementation of project work plans including scheduling, reporting, budgeting support, subcontractor coordination and regulatory interaction
5+ years' experience in Safety & Environmental, with oil and gas industry experience preferred. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Safety, Environmental or related field preferred; high school diploma or GED required. Strong technical knowledge. Broad knowledge of safety and environmental laws and regulations. Must be computer literate with excellent communications and analytical skills. Ability to work effectively with others at all levels. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to exercise sound judgment. Good driving record required.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4464.
Already have an account? Log in here